Friday, July 31, 2009

Should be the last post until Tuesday

After this morning's test, I took another (with 2nd morning urine) and it was definitely positive. My conclusion is that my hormones are just on the cusp of being detectable on the HPTs.

I went for my hair appointment and my hairdresser was a few minutes behind, so I called my doctor's office to see if my bloodwork results were in. They were!!! Excitement and nerves flushed through me. Then they said my doctor was in a c-section surgery and she would be calling me later, since it's policy the doctors make the phone calls.

So, I got my new cute 'do (love it) and went home. I tried to kill some time. My mom came over to see my haircut. Then the phone rang... it was Dr. Anderson. She said I am definitely pregnant!! :oD

My hCG level was 30. This is low, but she said it's because I'm very early pregnant. I was 11 dpo when the test was done. According to a chart I found online, the median number for 11 dpo is 23, so 30 is actually a bit higher than the median. I am holding on to this bit of hope over the weekend while I wait anxiously to have more blood work done Monday afternoon.

My progesterone was a great score, she said. 14.7! Anything above 10 is good. So, that is a big relief.

Monday I will go back to the doctor when I get off from work and do some more bloodwork. Then I think Tuesday the results should be available. Pray for doubling numbers - good high numbers so I can rest easy at least until my first ultrasound & hopefully hearing the heartbeat.

Cautiously optimistic is what we are. I am getting excited, but trying not to let myself get too worked up about it. For now, I'm pregnant and couldn't feel more blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Will keep you guys in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! As many prayers as you can muster up, I will be so appreciative of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more about baby boxer! lol

    ReplyDelete