Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Saga That is My Chart

8 DPO is today. My temp went back up to where it was 2 days ago (approx.) If I let my heart win, that was an implantation dip yesterday when it dropped. Also, to tug at the heart strings further, I am having some *very* light brown spotting today. Spotting is sometimes coupled with implantation dips (or implantation even without a dip in your temperature). It happens when the fertilized egg implants itself in your uterine lining and that can cause some light shedding of the lining. Implantation generally happens between 7-10 DPO. For me, the dip was 7 DPO and the spotting has started 8 DPO. The timing is right, and my heart is hopeful.

However, my brain is telling me to be very cautious and not get my hopes up. This spotting could very well be AF on her merry way to greet me yet another month. My LP (post ovulation phase) is normally 10 days long before AF shows, but I'm basing that off of only charting my CM. CM doesn't tell you exactly when you ovulate, so I could be off a day or two. So, spotting at 8 DPO is pretty early for me for it to be AF coming.

::le sigh::

If my temp stays up, and the spotting doesn't increase into obvious period bleeding... I shall test in a couple of days. A lot of women have gotten positive results at 10 DPO. However, it's suggested to wait until 12 DPO. I will test at 10 DPO and then wait again at 12 DPO if it's negative. However, my chart needs to be looking good for me to waste the money on tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment