Monday, June 22, 2009

Crosshairs!

After a *very* long cycle for me this time around, I finally got crosshairs on my chart. I'm on Cycle Day 39. Normally, my cycles are over with in 31 days. I still have at least a week left before my period will arrive, which means this cycle could be anywhere from 46-50 days long. That's not a terribly long cycle, but for me, it is.

I am just so happy it shows that I ovulated. If you look at my chart link on the right, you'll see that 2 red lines have appeared and they cross on CD 34. It says I ovulated on CD 34 because I have now shown 3 or more high temps in a row. I *sort of* feel I ovulated on CD 36 - two days later - because there was a dip just before (which is common before ovulating) and all my temps have stayed raised since then. I *hope* the crosshairs they've given me ARE correct, though, because we had sex with pretty good timing, if that's the case! We had sex on the day of ovulation, and the day after ovulation.

I was so "over" this cycle and just flat-out annoyed that I hadn't ovulated and it was being so long and different, that we sort of "gave up" trying this cycle. We were just hoping my period would come and we could start over next time. So, it's sort of a miracle we actually had sex on the day of ovulation. I hope and pray that's enough for us to become pregnant! However, I have a feeling we should have had sex the day before, and the day before that. It'll only takes one time to get pregnant - I just hope it was timed right!

So, now is the waiting game. It's possible they move my crosshairs if my temps tomorrow and the next day cause it to think my ovulation didn't happen on CD 34. I hope they don't move though. My LP (Leutal Phase) - post ovulation - is normally 10 days. However, this cycle has proved to me that there's no way to tell :) So, technically, I can take a pregnancy test in 6 or 7 days. We'll see. If I start feeling lots of period symptoms, I'll just wait it out.

Well - fingers crossed. I am so happy crosshairs finally showed up. It is a big relief. If nothing else, we will be so much more prepared next cycle - charting a full cycle - and being really good about timing it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment